Can you provide a recipe for vermicompost tea?

I sent a question to you maybe a week ago asking if you could provide a recipe to brew vermicompost tea and have not received a reply. I would be very appreciative if you could reply. I also would ask, being as I have sowed grass seed 4 weekends in a row and the later seeding is just sprouting, when should I mow the lawn for the first time?

Philadelphia County Pennsylvania lawns and turf master gardener program vermicomposting vermicompost tea horticulture

Hello and Thanks for using the Ask an Expert System

Your vermicompost tea question was answered in a separate posting.

The following information on mowing a new lawn is from Penn State Extension publication “Home Lawns: Establishment and Maintenance.”

MOWING Proper mowing discourages weeds and makes the lawn more resistant to pests. Most lawn mixes can be mowed when seedlings are about 3 inches tall. Mowing encourages seedlings to tiller, rapidly increasing turfgrass density. Make sure the lawn mower blades are sharp because ragged cuts from dull blades damage plants and slow the rate of establishment.

A very good source of information on all aspects of lawn care is Cornell University’s online Lawn Care Library. You can see this extensive site at http://www.gardening.cornell.edu/homegardening/scenea03b.html