I have a weeping cherry trees that are approx 20 years old. The photos...

I have a weeping cherry trees that are approx 20 years old. The photos attached are from the tree in front of my house. As you can see, the bark has separated from the trunk (I see holes in the wood) and the tree is not doing very well. Is there anything that can be done to save this tree, or is it a "goner" ? This has continued worsen over several years. Tree gets morning/ early afternoon sun. I have several photos, but am unable to provide them here. I can send via email

Howard County Maryland trees and shrubs poor growth possible borer holes cherry trees

In general cherry trees are not long lived trees. If subject to poor site conditions, drought, compacted soil, etc. they can be susceptible to possible disease and insect problems. We notice possible boring insect holes and trunk damage. At this point, your cherry tree may limp along but will never recover.
The tree is also located close to your house and you do not want it to become a hazard. You will have to consider removal in the future. For replacements consider the site - sun or shade and the mature height and width of the new tree.

If you decide to keep the tree, water during dry periods and keep mulch away from the trunk of the tree.

thank you