pasture seed

Hello, I am looking for info and opinions on grass seeds for my horse pasture. I have breeding mares and and have planted Kentucky 31 in the past which has done quite well. However I hear there are issues with an endophyte in it. Have been searching to purchase Kentucky 32 but cannot find it locally. Would appreciate your input. Thank you so much. Helen

Bradford County Pennsylvania horses feed management pastures and forages grass seed

If you check out our forage trials at http://extension.psu.edu/plants/crops/forages/species/forage-variety/reports/2013-forage-trials-report you will see that Oregro Seeds provided the Kentucky 32 seed for our trials.

Oregro Seeds Inc.
Albany, OR 97322
Phone: 541-258-1001
Web: www.oregroseeds.com

As for a local dealer of that variety, you could check with Oregro and see if they have a distribution network in PA. If you still have trouble, I would recommend calling your local agronomy educator, Mark Madden, based in the Sullivan Co. Office at (570)928-8941 or email mxm53@psu.edu.

Thanks for your question,

Nicole