All my blueberry plant leaves are turning purple. 2 cold nights last week. PH...

All my blueberry plant leaves are turning purple. 2 cold nights last week. PH is about 6.7. I think the gauge works.I use elemental sulfur or ammonia sulfate to keep ph lower. (I know it needs to be lower, still!) Thanks for your thoughts! Rick

Lancaster County Virginia

It's not unusual for blueberry plants to turn purple and it could be the result of the cold weather. The plant appears to be healthy enough to recover as spring progresses. The pH is another issue. If your gauge is working properly, the pH is way too high. Blueberries prefer a pH around 4.5. You may want to have the soil tested by a reputable soil testing laboratory. (Available via our website). The use of ammonium sulfate is appropriate, and you may also want to add some well composted organic matter to the soil as well.
LS