I have a Brown Turkey Fig that I wrap around the bottom with straw every year...

I have a Brown Turkey Fig that I wrap around the bottom with straw every year and it makes it through the winter pretty well. I guess its about 8-10 years old and about 4ft tall. This year however, it was starting to bloom (leaves coming out of the limb tips) around late February early March - as it does every year - and a cold snap hit and now it appears the limbs are frost bitten. About 10-12 inches on each limb have become discolored, kind of brown and appears dead at the tips. Have I lost my fig or will it come back? Should I cut the brown/dead tips off or let it go? Is there a way I can otherwise tell if it survived?

Anne Arundel County Maryland fruit trees winter injury

As cold as it was this past winter,the fact that you had new growth starting on your fig trees tells me it survived the winter. Leave the discolored branch tips till new growth appears, remove any dead portion just above the new growth.The finger nail test will tell you what is alive and what is dead.

ro