Use of Citrate of Magnesia

I have seen trace minerals that are important to plants including magnesium. Have couple of bottles of Citrate of Magnesia that was obtained for medical use. Was wondering if it would be helpful to plants and if so which might be particularly helped by use of magnesium.

Clinton County Michigan flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials soil and fertility issues

Don't let the similarity in their names fool you. Despite sharing every letter but one, magnesium citrate and magnesium nitrate are drastically different substances. While magnesium citrate is a common type of magnesium supplement often used as a laxative, magnesium nitrate is a toxic substance with agricultural, commercial and industrial uses. . If you plan to use magnesium nitrate, observe all handling and storage precautions.I hope this helps answer your question and thank you for using Ask an Expert.

Thank you for the info. Guess I need to take a chemistry class! Does magnesium citrate have any value to plants like magnesium nitrate?

No, magnesium citrate does not have any benefical value to plants.