Any suggestions to control voles? They are out of control in my...

Any suggestions to control voles? They are out of control in my garden--completely destroyed a crepe myrtle that had been in the ground for 2 years. I live in western Howard County on a 5 acre lot near woods and a pond. The lots surrounding me are 5 acres also.

Howard County Maryland wildlife voles

It sounds like you have a colony of voles. Their numbers can really multiply if not handled quickly. Here is our website pub on nuisance wildlife. The vole info is at the end. Also read the linked pub. It's good.

Voles loved this winter because they could hide under the extensive snow cover and avoid predators. Encourage predator animals and birds to visit your landscape. They are your first and best line of defense.

If you have a big colony of voles, be sure to use LOTS of snap traps. This time of year they should be very hungry and you can use that to your advantage because they'll take the baits better. (Peanut butter, apple bits, sprinkled with oatmeal or even birdseed, work well.) Be sure to use the placement directions in the pubs.

ECn

Re: your comment--"website pub on nuisance wildlife. The vole info is at the end. Also read the linked pub." There was no link given for the pub that I can see.