Termidor treatment in the Piedmont Area of Virginia

Hello. I just read your analysis of various termiticides. I live in a house on a slab with pressure-treated wooden footings on the corners. According to the chart showing the various effectiveness of the different Termidor treatments, the Termidor SC has a better percentage of effectivness(64%), at least in South Carolina, the nearest area to me. The termite control companies I'm considering treating my home only use Termidore 80 WG(which, apparently has a lower rate of success than Termidor SC) and Termidor HE, which your analysis did not include. Can you help me in determining which product to use? Should I seek a company that uses Termidor SC or would Termidor 80 WG be just as effective? Or, should I contract with the company that uses Termidor HE? It's all very confusing to a layperson, so I hope you can give me a definitive answer. I'm leaning toward Termidor 80 WG simply because more product is used and my common sense tells me that greater saturation will occur. Incidentally, the infestation is from subterranean termites. Please help. Thannks, Michael Wood

Louisa County Virginia

Michael, Your question related to termiticides was beyond my expertise and I could not find the analysis you referred to. I forwarded your question to our Virginia Tech Specialist, Dini Miller, for help in providing you an answer. Dini responded that you had been in direct contact with her and that she was able to answer your questions. If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know. Debbie