bean seed maggot

I have a back-yard vegetable garden in Virginia Beach, Va. (I am a PSU graduate). For the past 2 years, I have had to plant my beans several times to get them in between the life cycles of the fly that hatches from these maggots. You have a perfect description and picture of them on your website (http://ento.psu.edu/extension/factsheets/bean-seed-maggot). Is there anything I can treat the soil with to interrupt the lifecycle long enough for the seeds to germinate, or anything I can buy to treat the seeds before planting?

Virginia

Seed treatments with: chlorpyrifos--Lorsban ST or thiamethoxam--Cruiser 5FS should do the trick on this pest.Most seed companies have their seed available treated, but you may have to contact them to find out what treatment they use, as long as they are treated with one of the above it should help your situation. As far as chemicals to apply to the ground I am not aware of any that would be available.Thanks,