Can my white pine tree be treated, or should it be removed?

A white pine near the edge of my yard appears to have died, but if I scale off some bark or bend branches, the tree does not seem completely dead. It has small round holes evident in the trunk. There are other white pines in the area that do not show this issue. They are more mature trees. Is there a treatment, or should the tree be removed?

Isabella County Michigan trees and shrubs tree decline lrk white pine trees

The best advice I can give is to consult with a certified arborist. There may be a number of things going on with your trees, and having a professional actually see the symptoms would be best.

A professional arborist has gone through extensive training, takes an exam, and holds certification through the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA).You can find a certified arborist in your area through this link: Find an Arborist in Your Area.

If one is still available, your local phone directory may also have a listing for certified arborists. Be sure that the listing indicates they are certified. There is a little logo that indicates ISA certified.