My lawn is invested with moles. I am in the process of finding a company to...

My lawn is invested with moles. I am in the process of finding a company to redo the whole front lawn, taking up all grass and weeds and filling in with new dirt and placing sod. I don't know if I need to get rid of the moles first or will the work activity chase them away. I need your advise as to what to do with the mole problem.

Fairfax County Virginia lawns and turf wildlife moles

The renovation of your lawn will not only disrupt the runways of the moles, but it will also kill all the organisms which it feeds on to the dept of disrupted soil. These normal organisms are for the most part not pests but necessary for a healthy lawn ecosystem and they will take some time to get reestablished in your lawn. Please read our website information about moles. It makes important points about understanding moles: http://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG90%20Dealing%20wit...