I need to get my goat tested for CAE and CL. If i am able to draw the blood...

I need to get my goat tested for CAE and CL. If i am able to draw the blood myself, where do I send it, what are the fees, and do i need a special vial in advance to place the sample in?

Washington

I suggest you contact the Washington Animal Disease Diagnosis Laboratory (WADDL)located in Pullman at 509-335-9696 or waddl@vetmed.wsu.edu. They will be able to answer all these questions and any more you might have. Sometimes they only run certain tests one day a week, so it is best to send your sample to arrive no more than a day or two ahead of time instead of being held for almost a week before testing. The WADDL folks are very helpful and will be happy to answer your questions. Kudos to you for testing your goat for these diseases! Be sure to check back with WADDL a veterinarian or your own vet to help interpret the results, which can be complicated.