I have a large number of broadleaf evergreens probably 50+, camellias,...

I have a large number of broadleaf evergreens probably 50+, camellias, rhododendrons, mountain laurels, azaleas that have winter damaged, burned or "wilted" leaves. Is there anything extra that I should do this Spring, other than their dose of Hollytone?

Baltimore County Maryland shrubs winter burn

Many broadleaved evergreens were burned this winter and many will require judicious pruning to remove the obviously dead tissue. The thumbnail test may be the simplest: simply scrape a small bit of bark from the 'burned' areas and if it is brown, it is dead. If it is green, you may only have to pick off the dead leaves. It may be helpful to provide some nutrients, but it may not be absolutely necessary. Be prepared to provide supplemental irrigation during the hot, dry summer and well into the autumn until the ground freezes. These shrubs will demand soil moisture throughout the winter when blasted by cold, dry winds.
LS