Hello, I gathered about 50 seeds from my hyacinth bean vine plant last fall....

Hello, I gathered about 50 seeds from my hyacinth bean vine plant last fall. Four were larger and brown, the others were smaller and black. I soaked all the seeds for a few days before potting them in an inch of potting mix. All looked to have at least a little bit of a sprout starting after soaking. it's been 3 weeks and so far only one of the seeds has put up a spout. It was one of the brown seeds. Should I give the remaining seeds more time, or if they're not up as soon as the other one, is it likely those seeds aren't viable? Thank you!

Collin County Texas vegetables seed germination

Soaking the seed for a 24 hour period will speed up germination, another method is scarification. If you have any seeds left, rub them on sand paper, enough to break the covering, then plant them with about 1/2" of soil to over the seed.and keep it moist.

ro