My family loves pickled eggs. Is there a safe method of canning them...

Asked March 12, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT

My family loves pickled eggs. Is there a safe method of canning them during/after the pickling process and if so, what is the shelf life? Thank you! Regards, Scott Allen

Washington County Maryland

Pickled Eggs - information from the American Egg Board https://www.incredibleegg.org/egg-facts/eggcyclopedia/p/pickled-eggs

Pickled eggs are hard-boiled eggs marinated in vinegar and pickling spice, spicy cider, or juice from pickles or pickled beets. Unopened containers of commercially pickled eggs keep for several months on the shelf (see specific product for details). After opening, keep refrigerated and use within seven days.

Home-prepared pickled eggs must be kept refrigerated and used within seven days. This recipe is not intended for long term storage or storage at room temperature.

Home canning of pickled eggs is not recommended. Although the acidity of the pickling solution is usually sufficient to prevent the growth of bacteria, it eventually causes the eggs to disintegrate.

Thank you for the information and for getting back to me so quickly!