School District License

Asked March 5, 2014, 2:56 PM EST

Does a teacher have to be a licensed in pest control in order to place a glue trap or any kind of rodent preventative in their classroom? If so can I get a link to the law that states so.

Brazos County Texas integrated pest management school ipm pesticide safety

1 Response


Yes in the state of TX, since 1984 anyone doing pest control on school property must have a license. In 1995, the TX Legislature enacted a law requiring all public schools to adopt integrated pest management. The bottom link will take you to the actual rules that is regulated by the TX Dept of Agriculture.

However, if you are having trouble with mice, rats, ants, cockroaches in your classroom, you should find out who your district IPM Coordinator is. Every school district in the state must have one, the person can assist you with your pest problem.

This link can explain more about school IPM in TX. Your question actually came to someone who helps schools with their IPM Programs,so do not hesitate to ask me more questions. Have a good day$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg...