home occupation

Asked March 4, 2014, 8:59 AM EST

must a home occupation an agricultural district be an ag related business?

Delta County Michigan

1 Response


This all depends on the specific list of uses permitted by right or by special land use permit in the agricultural district section of the zoning ordinance. Typically, other home-based businesses would be allowed outside of agriculture-related businesses. You will need to contact the zoning administrator for your community. If you live in a township in the eastern half of Delta County, this may be the county zoning administrator, since county zoning applies for much of the eastern half of the county. If you live in one of the townships in the western half that administers its own zoning ordinance, you will need to contact your township. Start by calling the Delta County Building and Zoning Department at 906-789-5189 to see if your township is covered under county zoning.