Can you give me some information on pruning my fruit trees?

I need help from someone who knows how to prune fruit trees. I have three: two plums and one cherry, all with smaller diameter longer limbs that have broken from last year's fruit.They need help! I'm trying to save these trees. I will also need to know what the cost would be.

Jackson County Oregon master gardener program fruit trees horticulture

Unfortunately, Master Gardeners do not make house calls, so they would not be able to visit your trees for consultation. If you want physical help pruning your trees, you would need to call a professional tree service company in your area, and they could provide a cost estimate for this service.

We do have a publication about pruning fruit trees that we are happy to share with you: "Training and Pruning Your Home Orchard"

If you have more specific questions about pruning after reading this, you are encouraged to call the Master Gardeners in Jackson County at (541) 776-7371. In winter, they staff the hotline on Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.