Peaches P and K removal

I am still interested in the P and K removal of peaches per unit yield, but I no longer have a time sensitive need for response. Fruit tree production is not included in NMPs, due to the lack of documentation for the removal rates. As a side note the optimum Phosphorus level for peaches to be produced is above the maximum level at which manure application is permitted (>200pppm).

Wyoming County Pennsylvania peaches fruit trees

Wyoming County,

Based on a yield of approximately 300 bushels per acre the estimated removal per bushel would be 0.3 lb of P2O5 and 0.1 lb of K2O.

The following statement is taken from the new tree fruit production recommendations.
Fertilization Nutritional requirements for peach trees vary through their lifetimes and are influenced by such factors as rootstock, crop load, soil type, and weather conditions. In addition to nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, peach trees need adequate levels of calcium, boron, copper, and zinc to maintain the health of the tree and produce quality fruit. After planting, soil tests and leaf analyses are recommended at least once every 3 years. A leaf analysis is the most accurate way to determine if applied soil amendments are being used by the tree. Leaf analysis test kits can be purchased at your county extension office.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Sincerely