Can you tell me if dried knapweed in hay is toxic or as toxic as the green plant is? Should I be concerned about feeding hay with it in it?
Hampshire County Massachusetts
I can find no literature that differentiates between fresh and dry knapweed, so I would assume it is toxic when dried. There are several different knapweeds, and russian knapweed is not common in the eastern U.S.More information can be found at http://extension.psu.edu/animals/equine/news/2012/russian-knapweed-poisoning-of-horses