The deer have eaten all the leaves off of 7 of our Skip Laurels. I know I can...

The deer have eaten all the leaves off of 7 of our Skip Laurels. I know I can cut them back to the ground and renovate them, but am wondering if new leaves will grow on the bare stems.

Anne Arundel County Maryland

Whether or not your shrubs recover really depends on if the deer damaged the buds. If the buds are viable the shrubs should be able to produce some new growth. However, recovery is going to be very slow and the growth will be from the top of the shrubs. When the shrubs do produce new growth they should be protected so that no further deer damage occurs. You are going to have to wait and see what happens.
We do not know what size the plants are so you do have the option of pruning one third of the plant instead of a complete renovation.