Asked February 3, 2014, 8:18 PM EST

Where can my daughter move to so she can keep her 3 chickens and rooster. She now lives in Pontiac Mi. and has been to court 3 times already.

Oakland County Michigan

1 Response

I suggest that she selects a community and then talk to the local zoning administrator or local planner. Some communities are revising their local odinances to allow urban farming and some limited animal activity. Last year Detroit created an urban ag ordinance.

Unfortunately, farm animal activity will vary as local communities define what they will allow outside of agriculture districts.