Need help identifying type of brush and how to remove

I have some land near Winnie, TX and am wanting to clear some brush on our levees. I need some assistance identifying what type of bush this is as well as chemical applications to rid of it. Thanks.

Jefferson County Texas

Howdy!

Thanks for the question, hopefully I can help you out and get you on the right track to controlling some of the brush in your area.
First, the pictures you submitted are a little fuzzy and hard to get a good look at some of the plant characteristics necessary to identify this shrub. Would it be possible to take a few more pictures, focusing on the leaves and immature branches.

I've attached the link to our Rangeland Weed and Brush Control information website which provides a pretty good list of herbicide treatments and application rates. Without being able to identify this plant specifically yet I'd still say some of these herbicides, like Remedy or Weedmaster, may be effective in controlling the problem brush areas.
http://texnat.tamu.edu/about/ranchers-reference-guide/rangeland-weed-and-brush-control/

If there is anything else I can do for you please don't hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. Also, if you get the chance to take a few more pictures, make sure to forward those on as well!

Emilee Bean
CEA AG/NR
409-835-8461
emilee.bean@ag.tamu.edu