Weed B Gone

I have a severe invasion of what I believe are lavender aster weeds that took over my Bermuda lawn at the end of last summer. I think that this may be hard to recover from. I was online the other day and was taken aback when I saw many references to using Roundup to broadcast spray a dormant Bermuda lawn and it indicated that it wouldn't harm the Bermuda as long as it was totally dormant...This sounds like a great way to alleviate my problem, but wanted to get some professional feedback first. I live in McDade,TX and my Bermuda is fully dormant due to the the very cold weather so far this year. Thanks in advance for any info you can offer. Mark M

Bastrop County Texas

The information that you read is correct. Glyphosate (the active ingredient in RoundUp) is indeed safe to use on dormant turf grass.
Please read and follow the label directions carefully, and you should have no trouble using glyphosate on your lawn while the turf is dormant.