Snow drifts on shady area of lawn

I have an area of my lawn that is shaded and the snow drifts stay on the grass all winter. It appears that this area of the lawn is damaged each spring. Should I rake these drifts off to the sunny side of my lawn to let the grass get some "air" where these drifts sit, and also puts the moisture on the areas that are in full sun?

Arapahoe County Colorado

When the snow sits on the turf it creates an insulated layer where certain fungi thrive in the cold, humid conditions, in general. Improving air flow to the turf will help winds wick away moisture. If you have warm season turf, you may also want to mow it a little higher for the last cut of the year to help protect the crowns of the grass plants. Cool season turf can have some issues if it's left too high going into winter, but damage is often only cosmetic and will rebound in the spring.