Finding a trustworthy arborist to assess a tree

I need a professional to come look at a leaning tree. I am hesitant to bring out a tree service, fearing I may be told the tree needs to come down when in fact it doesn't. Are there arborists who have no interest in removing trees, or am I overly concerned about this happening?

Lane County Oregon forestry urban forestry arborist horticulture

First, I am glad to see that you recognize that not all people who offer tree service are certified arborists. Yes, there is a big difference. A Certified Arborist requires special training and recertification, and is bound by rules. To find a Certified Arborist, and explain what service exactly you would like, please check the ISA website. http://www.isa-arbor.com/publicoutreach/findatreecareservice/index.aspx Also always check that the person doing tree work for you is a certified arborist listed at the site. And make sure any workmen are bonded and insured before working on your property.