hydrophonic gardening

in the article suggesting makina a hydrophonic concentrated formula of nutrients for hyrdrophonic gardening . It referred to table 2 and table three for specific amounts to be added to make a concentrrated formula I cant seem to find the information.

Hello,I am not sure which article to which you are referring to. It would help greatly if you could provide a little more additional detail of the article, type of plant you wish to grow and type of hydroponic system you are interested in setting up.

I wasn on AGGIE web page with topics related to hydroponic gardening The page had a number of topics including instructions on how to make a nutrient formula at home I assume it was referring to the modified Steiner formula of nutrients If referred to several tables listing ingridents and quanities
I am interested about a general formula that would be ok for most veggie plants Tomatoes and or peppers and or stalk type plant I am planning to use the DWC method of gardening Thanks

I have used the Hoagland & Aron solution with good results. Most universal solutions are acceptable including the Steiner formulation. The major difference occurs when the plants become sensitive to the higher concentrations of micro nutrients over time. I still think that utilizing the basic Hoagland formulation, then supplementing with increased concentrations of micronutrients over time will provide more consistent results when using the DWC hydroponic system. Another limiting factor when using the DWC method is the PAR. Some plants may require large amounts of PAR throughout the growing cycle. This is an important consideration when growing at home under residential zoned properties. This will translate into increased power consumption and some communities have regulations to check into.

What does PAR stand for and can you direct me to the Hoagland formula I have found one with the symbols and would like one in laymans terms and units of measure

Apologies, photosynthetic active radiation (PAR). It is the range of active radiation within the visible spectrum of light that plants obtains the most benefit. This is primarily in the Blue and Red spectrum. Any good quality grow-light, supplemented with regular incandescent bulbs will be sufficient. I have also attached an image of the components of a standard Hoagland's solution. The solution can be purchased already mixed as a dry packet. Just add water and adjust for appropriate ph. The solution dry packet mix can be purchased from any online greenhouse supply website.