Identify wetland plant

I am looking for the name of this water plant. I have only seen it growing in small, flowing streams in the spring. Green, heart-shapped leaves with star shaped flowers. I have looked and looked on line, and cannot identify it. I live in Dallas, PA near Harveys Lake.

Thank you,

Barbara Roberts

Luzerne County Pennsylvania

The photo is blurry so the flower structures are hard to make out, but it appears to be a Marsh Marigold pond plant. Marsh Marigold - Caltha palustris - The flowers are yellow, with 5 petals, and bloom in spring and fall. The heart shaped leaves are bright green and slightly toothed on the edges. It forms a clump from which several plants grow.

Thank you so much Marilyn. This is exactly the plant/flower. Sorry the image was blurry. It looked very clear on my end. This plant has an interesting history.

Thanks again!

Barb Roberts

Glad I could help. The leaves are what gave it away to me, that and the water habitat. Glad you could take it forward from the name.