Hi there ............ I'm wondering if you could help me find some weather...

Asked January 15, 2014, 8:07 AM EST

Hi there ............ I'm wondering if you could help me find some weather history about our winters. I'm looking for some sort of a winter summary which would tell me a given winter was hard or easy for our landscape plants to survive. Did we have mild or very cold temperatures to damage plants? Did we have lots of snow cover to protect these plants. Ideally, I like to find a small written paragraph summary on given winters history and not a bunch of charts and graphs with numbers.

Hennepin County Minnesota winter weather weather

I am sending a link from the University of Minnesota that contains many additional links which will allow you to find many kinds of historical weather data. There isn't one perfect "says it all" document or site that presents all of this information in a narrative style. Needless to say, you can spend a lot of time viewing this information but you are sure to learn more than you probably intended to learn!
http://climate.umn.edu/doc/historical.htm
Thanks for contacting AaE. Please do so again if you have further questions.