Vegetation for a Pond Clay Berm

I recently cleared husache overgrowth from a shallow (3 foot) one acre pond which was built with a clay berm around it. Well water is pumped into the pond; there is no natural drainage. Much of the berm is now bare and I'm wondering what grass seed to plant on the berm which is about 8 to 12 feet wide and 4 feet high.Pond is located on an 80 acre partially cleared ranch with a wildlife exemption located about 10 miles north northeast of Beevile, Tx.

Bee County Texas

Howdy! Thanks for the question. There are lots of option for you. I'm assuming you want to establish a warm season perennial grass. If so, I would think about common bermudagrass, Little Bluestem, or Indian grass. All of these can be sewn from seed and are readily available. If you need a source, let me know. Pogue Seed Company in Kenedy is a great place to buy seed. I hope this helps.

Thank you Matt!

You are welcome! Let me know if I can assist you in the future.