Unemployment - Only income

What if I only earn unemployment for the next few months, what do I say is my income? Also If and when I get a job, do I just switch to their insurance should they offer it?

Oakland County Michigan

If you have no earned income at present, your income is zero.

If a question arises about any government benefits you are receiving, however, it is proper to disclose that you are receiving unemployment benefits and the amount you are receiving.

When you obtain employment, if your employer has one or more insurance plan to offer you, you will need to make a smart choice about what kind of insurance you need, whether the plan being offered is more or less affordable than your current coverage when you consider all costs such as premium, co-pays and co-insurance, out of pocket expenses and so on.

The University of Maryland provides Smart Choice tools to help you make comparisons. Healthcare.gov will also still be a resource to answer questions and assist at that time as well.

Best luck in job hunting!