Do I have to change health insurance?

Asked December 18, 2013, 10:14 PM EST

I have an individual policy with BCBS for $377 a month. Do I have to change my policy?

Eaton County Michigan

1 Response

Suggest you contact BCBS to see if they are continuing your current policy for 2014 or what they recommend. To see if you qualify for tax credits, you must enroll through the Health Insurance Marketplace at BCBS as well as other private insurance companies have plans in the Marketplace in Michigan as well as outside the Marketplace. If you enroll directly through BCBS, you will not receive tax credits if you are eligible, to lower your premium. To begin coverage on January 1, you must enroll in a plan and pay the first monthly premium by the end of December.