Save my dying digitalis!

Hi, my plants is fading fast and I don't know what to do! It's a Foxglove who isn't even a year old! The Digitalis has thrived indoors and out since last winter and is now starting to get a deep brown coloring to its dying leaves. I've noticed one or two small bugs living in its pot, but shoo them away when I water. I use Miracle Gro about once a month and transplanted it into a larger part this summer before moving it indoors mid-fall. I water about once a week. It just started wilting about a month ago. I've attached photos. Can you tell me what's wrong with my plant? Sadly, Rachel Scott

Jackson County Missouri indoor gardening indoor plants horticulture

Digitalis or Foxglove is a biennial, so it will die after two seasons. Although individual plants may be short-lived, they will reseed themselves. Or, you can plant seeds or transplants in the spring. So, it's probably the plants time to go. But, bringing any plant from outdoors into a house will shock it. Most often the environmental conditions in our homes are not ideal for a lot of overwintering plants. They often get over-watered, there is not enough bright light, the air is too dry, and so on. So, I'm sorry you are losing your plant, but there's not much you can do. Foxgloves just don't live very long. Start over in the spring with new transplants or fresh seed.