Hi, my plants is fading fast and I don't know what to do! It's a Foxglove who...

Hi, my plants is fading fast and I don't know what to do! It's a Foxglove who isn't even a year old! The Digitalis has thrived indoors and out since last winter and is now starting to get a deep brown coloring to its dying leaves. I've noticed one or two small bugs living in its pot, but shoo them away when I water. I use Miracle Gro about once a month and transplanted it into a larger part this summer before moving it indoors mid-fall. It just started wilting about a month ago. I've attached photos. Can you tell me what's wrong with my plant? Sadly, Rachel Scott

Jackson County Missouri indoor gardening flowers indoor plants horticulture

I'm not certain what the issue is. It's possible that there may be a few things happening that is causing the leaves to die down. The first thing I would look at is the life cycle of digitalis. Being a biennial, they don't tend to live very long after flowering. Next, if it hasn't flowered yet, the leaves sort of look like they may have botrytis that a houseplant fungicide could fix. Botrytis (and other diseases) tend to be present where there is too much moisture and dead/decaying plant material, so be sure to avoid overwatering and keep dropped-leaves out of the pot.