Worm Species

What species of worms are native in the soils of Klickitat County especially in the area around Trout Lake, Husum, White Salmon and Snowden?

Klickitat County Washington wildlife habitat

Hi, I do not have a list of species that are specific to Klickitat County. There are resources out there that may have species lists. If any of these interest you, I may be able to hunt them down for you. Contact me at your local extension office in Goldendale. (509) 773-5817, tmurray@wsu.edu. You may already have run into these references.

Fender, W. M. 1994. Native earthworms of the Pacific Northwest: an ecological overview. in P. F. Hendrix, editor. Ecology and biogeography of earthworms in North America. Lewis Publishing, Boca Raton, Florida

Oligochaeta of Washington, Luther Clare Altman Seattle, Wash., University of Washington publications in biology., v. 4, no. 1. May, 1936

Attached is a pdf availabe from the FS with a species survey of the Columbia river basin which may be relevant to the soil types and ecosystems in Klickitat.