Canning Fish Stock

I need to know the requirements for canning clear fish (black cod) stock. From what I've read online I see instructions for 1 quart jars (1" head space) at 11 lbs pressure for 25 minutes. Is this correct?
Ingredients for the stock include: black cod fish bones, ginger root, apple, leek, green onion, radish, carrot, celery, salt & pepper.
Thanks.

Clackamas County Oregon food safety home food preservation

I am not aware of any researched based times for fish stock but they have tested beef and poultry stock which are much more commonly canned. The time you mentioned 25 minutes at 11# pressure is for beef and poultry. If you can your fish stock the same way, I would recommend that you boil it for 10 minutes after you open the jar before tasting as an added margin of safety. This should not be be a problem when making soup.

If you are concerned you can always freeze it and then there would not be a safety issue.

Thanks for using Ask an Expert

Nellie Oehler