How can I get rid of moss in lawn?

I have a lawn where moss has taken over. It's not all shady. There is sun throughout. Can you tell me how to kill it, renew?

Minnesota lawns and turf moss in lawns

Moss grows where conditions will not support grass. Moss grows in sunny areas in damp seasons if soil fertility is low. Poor soil, excessive shade, poor drainage, and soil compaction encourage moss. Acid soil may contribute to growth of moss, but Minnesota soils should not be limed without a soil test because many areas of the state have sufficient or even excess lime for many plants. The best way to discourage moss is to grow better grass. Fertilize and water to insure vigorous growth. Yearly power raking and core aerification in heavy soils will improve drainage and lessen compaction. Some moss patches may be raked out by hand using a heavy metal garden rake with fixed tines. Bare spots should be cultivated and reseeded with a mixture suitable for the light conditions: http://web.extension.illinois.edu/cfiv/homeowners/100402.html