When to stop feeding hummingbirds?

I have a hummingbird feeder that has been out all spring/summer. I have a couple regular birds who come and visit me throughout the day still. I'm not sure when to take the feeder down and how to go about it for the winter, or if I can leave it up all winter?? Any advice is much appreciated as I don't want to hurt the hummingbirds by doing the wrong thing. Thanks in advance!

Clark County Washington hummingbirds hummingbird feeders

There are five kinds of hummingbirds that visit the Pacific Northwest. They regulate their migration according to the daylight hours. One popular myth is that leaving up feeders will interfere with their migration. This is totally false. In fact leaving your feeder up will probably help birds migrating from farther north. I would leave them up until February. After that you can take them down and clean them for next season. In the spring at the first sighting of a hummingbird, put them back up again.