irrigation water testing

Asked October 26, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT

Can the University test the quality of my irrigation water? The water is pumped from a unnamed tributary to Big Salt Wash tributary to the colorado river. The location is 1255 17 1/2 road Fruita, Co.

Mesa County Colorado

1 Response

Good morning. Colorado State University, through the soil-water-plant testing laboratory in Fort Collins, does do irrigation water testing. The routine irrigation package costs $49. Samples may be submitted in a 125 ml drinking plastic water bottle and results are generally completed within two weeks of receipt. Details of the test are indicated on the attached link to the water testing form.

I am also attaching a link to the fact sheet, 0.520, Selecting an Analytical Laboratory. Please contact these laboratories individually to determine if they do agricultural/irrigation water testing. Locally, Grand Junction Laboratories, 435 North Avenue, Grand Junction, 970-242-7618, does a variety of tests depending upon what information is desired.

CSU water testing form:

Selecting an Analytical Laboratory: