I live 2 miles into Pennsylvania, just north of Hagerstown, Maryland...

I live 2 miles into Pennsylvania, just north of Hagerstown, Maryland (Washington County) and was, in fact, a Washington County resident for many years. My current home is now 11 years old and my yard is the same age--a bluegrass mix that has done very well to this point. This Fall, after a consistently wet summer, we first had a mini-drought into early October and the grass began to burn out a bit, though not as bad as would be typical in July most years etc.... . With the recent 6-7 inches of rain, it has snapped back nicely, but I just discovered several patches of brown grass, that I by accident discovered is most likely due to a grub issue in these areas. It peels back easily and has not snapped back like the rest of the yard. I just completed reading a variety of recommendations on-line, and most of those appear to involve applying some type of Grub Control in the Spring or Summer months. I can do that, but it hasn't been real clear in my research if there is anything I can do now (October 21st...). I have a 3 acre plus yard, and only several smaller patches appear to be infested---so my main question for you is 1) is there anything I can do now?? and 2) is there anything you particularly recommend for grub control in our area and my relative situation...?? Thanks for your help!

Franklin County Pennsylvania lawns and turf grubs

There is nothing that you need or can do right now.
Before thinking of treatment, it's important to know if you truly have a problem. You do this by digging up that area- if you find more than about 8 grubs per square feet, it's worth treating, especially with a blue grass lawn, which is more likely to have grub problems than turf-type tall fescues. Here is our plant diagnostic page on them: http://plantdiagnostics.umd.edu/level3.cfm?causeID=744
I a high number of grubs are found, you can use a grub control product like Grubex, which contains the active ingredient Accelepryn. Follow label instructions carefully.
Here is our publication on Japanese Beetles, which has a turf paragraph towards the end: http://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG78%20Japanese%20Be...