facial cyst.

I've been adopted by a flock of escaped game chickens. Very small, rural setting, zoned fo agri.in cent. Fl. came to song bird feeder, about 6 mos. They eat crkd.corn/seed mix, and steal stray cat's food. I give them fresh clean water daily. Problem is 2 roosters, 1 old I think, w/nasty cyst by beak. We lanced & cleaned it out as best we could, but some styff was hard. He also had thick saliva w/a lot of head shaking. I researched/googled & got som tylan 200. Gave 4 inject. Into cyst. Was better about 2 wks.would eat some seed but pigged on softened, dry catfood, as I think growth is pressing inside throat.he's kind of feisty, and he follows me everywhere, even coming to rest beside me in my screen room. He's headshaking w/ saliva again 3 wks later, cyst has shrunk to dried kno, but think throat is worse, swelling. Know catfood is bad, but refuses all else & doesn't really forage. I really have affection for this bird, but am afraid he's suffering, should I have him put down in your opinion?

Lake County Florida

Sounds like you have tried everything . It will be hard for you but I think it's time to let this bird go. Further medical treatment would be costly and probably not effective.

Jeffrwy M., Thank you so much for your answer. Your reply was not only expert, but kind, and greatly appreciated. I guess I really knew what must be done but needed to exhaust all options. I respect your opinion and will take cate of it humanely in the morning. Thank you again.