Why do my Bartlett Pears look so rough?

Are they attractive to Stink Bugs?

Howard County Maryland

This looks to be insect damage from early in the growing season. It could be stinkbug or aphids.
To grow good looking pomme fruits (apples, pears) in Maryland, you generally need to have a regular spray schedule of pesticides and fungicides.
You should cut the fruit open and look for caterpillars, which could be the coddling moth. You can still eat/process these fruits, just cut out the bad parts.

Thank you. On another issue, how do I get rid of moles in my lawn and other mowed areas?

Please take a look at the section on moles in the following Extension 'Nuisance Wildlife' publication: http://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG90%20Dealing%20wit...
They are challenging because there are not that many of them living within an acre (perhaps 2-3?). Their tunnels are more noticeable if you water your lawn or during wet years, as the insects that they eat (grubs, earthworms) rise in the soil profile, so that the tunnels may disrupt grass roots.
They are considered beneficial (as opposed to voles, which are numerous and eat plant material) so if you can put up with them, do.
Tamp down tunnels as you see them to prevent grass roots from drying out. If you need to control, those that pop up again are active, and that is where you would place traps.