broken trees

Asked October 13, 2013, 8:27 PM EDT

What is the best pruning procedure for my broken trees? I lost several large limbs.

Natrona County Wyoming

1 Response

Celaning up a tree after such a destructive storm can be quite involved. You may need to hire a professional. WE recommend you contact an International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist to do the work. The city of Casper has a list of the licensed arborists in the community. They have proven they have a basic knowledge of pruning and have provided a copy of their liability insurance at the time of license purchase. You may also want to be sure they have current insurance in case a branch dislodges in the pruning endeavor and the resulting damage would be covered. Beyond that here are some publicaitons, available online, to assist you in assessing the damage to your trees and approaching the pruning with some degree of certainty. Correct pruning can revitalize landscapes Wyoming Tree Owner's Manual These can both be found on our “Landscaping” page at To subscribe to the Barnyards & Backyards listserve visit To unsubcribe from the listserve either send a request to or send an email to The Arbor Day Foundation also has some great information about recovery after a storm. Check out this link: I hope this helps, please feel free to contact our office for more information,