Canning Stew Meat -- Wine & Beef Broth Liquid

I saw a canning video (ok, so it was on YouTube!) This video showed stew meat first being browned/seared with salt/pepper. She made up a stock to pour into the jars made of beef stock, red wine, chopped onions, some chopped garlic, worchester sauce, liquid bouquet and a few dried herbs. She simmered this mixture for approx. 30 minutes. She filled the warmed and sterilized jars with the meat and poured the broth over. All precautions as removing trapped air bubbles, 1" headspace were used. She canned pints for 75 minutes. Does this recipe look to be a safe one to use? My Usual Method: I usually do a raw pack with the stew meat and add water or stock with a teaspoon of salt on top (when using 1/2 pints. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, Jill from Beaverton (503)707-1627

Washington County Oregon

The National Center for Home Food Preservation is another reliable and extensive site for food preservation information.

There is a tremendous amount of information here to answer questions you may have, although we are always happy to talk to you!

http://nchfp.uga.edu/

Jeanne