Single Family Home Development

Having read the Penn State study "Costs and Revenues of Residential Development: A Workbook for Local Officials and Citizens," I think the study is geared towards a large, new development, and I'm not sure if it is suited for the calculation of the costs of municipal services as a result of a small development of three three-bedroom homes in an existing neighborhood. Is there any study which addresses this type of small development?

Morris County New Jersey best practices for planning and zoning community development

The workbook you cite focuses on greenfield construction and larger scale than an infill project of 3 homes. It uses gross-scale averages that would result in problems when applied in this small of a case. Also demographic characteristics of households have changed, and small projects are very context-sensitive with regards to impacts.

I am not aware of any economic impact analysis studies focusing on such a small-scale project; however, generally speaking, infill projects have smaller impacts on the cost of community services.