New lawn

I planted new seed in mid August. New contruction home in Pittsfield twp. mostly clay soil. I spread screened topsoil, seed, and Greenview seed accelerator. The grass seems to be coming up well but in some areas it is turning yellow but doesn't seem dead. Is this just a phase because its now Fall or is there something I can do?

Washtenaw County Michigan

There is a multitude of problems and/or pests that could be bedeviling your new lawn. First of. You could be suffering a minor drought situation if you haven't watered on a regular basis. Here are a couple of web sites that deal with many aspects of a yellowing lawn. www.ehow.com/info_8564869_yellowing-grass.html www.gardenguides.com/81606-fix-yellow-lawn The different options included herein should give a course of action while it's still warm outside. Thanks for using the Ask an Expert System