I just found out that my neighbor has Crown Gall on his Euonymus, which is on...

I just found out that my neighbor has Crown Gall on his Euonymus, which is on the property line by my yard. I just planted a young American Beautyberry, a young Lilac, and Lily of the Valley in the space right next to his 25 year old Euonymus. He is not a gardener, so the Euonymus may not be pulled out and has probably had this disease for at least 5 years. Is there anything I can do to protect my plants?

Montgomery County Maryland

The offending fungus is already in the soil around your plants. Fortunately, your lilac is the most susceptible and it is classed as having a low susceptibility to crown gall. There is no preventative treatment available to protect your plants. The most important tactic for you is to keep your plants as healthy as possible, and that primarily involves providing supplemental irrigation during droughty periods.
LS