Is Scotch Pine invasive in Oregon?

I want to plant Scotch Pine 'Watereri', but see that Washington State finds the Scotch Pine to be invasive. Is that true, and if so, should I avoid planting this dwarf variety? Thanks.

Clackamas County Oregon trees and shrubs invasive species horticulture

Thank you for your question to Ask the Expert and for caring about invasive species.

Sots Pine is considered invasive in a number of states on the east coast: www.na.fs.fed.us/fhp/invasive_plants/weeds/scots-pine.pd

Washington State University does not provide any cautions regarding its invasive tendencies in the Northwest: http://www.pnwplants.wsu.edu/PlantDisplay.aspx?PlantID=470

I'm not finding any additional information regarding its invasive tendencies in this part of the country.

Thus, it should be fine to plant it, but if you want to be sure, you could plant shore pine instead, which is a very common landscape conifer.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Weston