Protecting a long back with the right saddle

I have a 6 year old Arabian whose conformation is quite good, with the exception that his back is about 3-4 inches longer than his loin. His back is also somewhat low. We do "back lifting" exercises with him, keep him in good weight, and he is ridden lightly 4-5 times a week. We try to keep him collected while he's ridden to further lift and strengthen his back. He is ridden by 2 adults, both of whom weigh less than 145 lbs. he is slightly over 15.1 hands. What should we look for in a saddle to help maintain his back? We don't care what type of saddle we ride in. He's currently being ridden in a western saddle, but he is accustomed to either English or western. He has many exceptional characteristics that make him worth keeping. Thanks!

Pima County Arizona

It is impossible to give you a definitive answer about what saddle is best for you and your horse without seeing the horse and the saddle. I would recommend having someone that is a competent saddle fitter look at the saddles you have available for your horse. A person that comes to Michigan State University is Charlie Tota from Florida. I have attached a video that shows him evaluating saddle fit that may be of interest. Also, he may know of someone in your area that he would recommend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=56CvmXoKsb4

Please let me know if you have further questions.