When can yews be severely pruned?

What's the best solution for cutting/trimming/pruning my overgrown yews? They're @ least 7' tall. Their foliage is plush on the outside and has large woody trunks on the inside. 3 Pics follow. Can they be cut down to 4' tall @ this time of the year?

Ramsey County Minnesota

Severe pruning should be done in April, although light pruning may be done at any time of year. Yews are often able to survive a 50 percent size reduction. Vigorously growing yews may need a second light pruning later in the summer to remove long shoots that have developed.

We are able to view only one photo. However, based on what we can see, it's unlikely that new growth will develop on the side of the shrubs facing the table. It looks like the light there is insufficient.

Thank you for your reply & advice. I'll lightly prune some of the overgrowth now, then will wait til April to cut back. I appreciate the quick reply. Have a nice day.
Michelene